Sunday, May 5, 2024

AT&T Confirms Gross Intellectual Incompetence

 


I'd like to thank those seemingly mentally challenged AT&T managers for writing and telling me both in an email and a snail-mail form-letter they have determined that my personal information was compromised in a data breach on March 26, 2024. They say, AT&T got hacked by the “dark web.” Strong Suggestion, let's put this problem in more truthful language, or state the issue otherwise.  The cloaking term "dark web" is technospeak made by less than competent technical management ("dark web" is simply a CYA).  So get the terminology right AT&T.  Some unknown underworld, less than honorable Internet hackers, being obviously smarter than AT&T software programmers, found a security hole in AT&T web-based software or found a less intelligent backdoor left behind in AT&T software logic.  Therefore, these Internet hackers evidently gained access to all or most all of AT&T customer's private information.


Get this! The AT&T remedial solution is an offer to provide “complimentary credit monitoring.”  So I went to the web to check out this AT&T offer. Here's what I found. The AT&T credit monitors asked me to supply them with name, address, etc., etc., etc., – virtually all my personal information including my Social Security Number (SSN). GET REAL AT&T!  This session was quickly terminated without  submitting this “complimentary credit monitoring offer” – I'm a bit sensitive about giving anyone my SSN.


So my question is, are AT&T software security managers insane or are they just abundantly stupid? AT&T just lost my personal information by their own written admission, and now AT&T wants me to communicate again to AT&T or to their I guess alleged competent credit monitors, all my personal information including, but not limited to, my SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER. Got to admit, this offer takes a very big pair! No AT&T, you or your security breach cleanup team can not again have all or most all of my personal information that you just lost to unknowable Internet hackers -- PERIOD!


WHAT FOOL WOULD TAKE AT&T UP ON A “FREE CREDIT MONITORING OFFER” TO THE EXACT FIRM WHO JUST LOST ALL MY PERSONAL INFORMATION!



No comments:

Post a Comment